Turquoise gradient and I'm back again!

Sunday, August 04, 2013

I have to admit I'm such a terrible blogger when it comes to consistent updates. I came back for two weeks but ended up disappearing for another five, I can assure you though that I didn't completely forget blogging. Manicures, photos and editing still happened whilst this blog was neglected so there'll be more than a few blog posts lined up for you, it's just the case of writing and uploading the whole thing.

Now we can move on to what this post really is about and that's my turquoise gradient manicure. I've tried this technique before but my first attempt didn't blend as well as the others I've seen. You could refresh your memory of my first try HERE. I've since invested in some new sponges because I felt they were the reason why my first go didn't turn out right; they worked much better in my opinion.

Light box photo.

For the base colour I used two coats of Essie's Absolutely shore which according to Essie is a 'soft sea foam green'. Being such a light shade it starts off sheer and the brush tend to drag the polish but it looks better with a second coat. I weren't too bothered about how tricky the base colour was since another shade was going to be sponged on top and that's Essie's Turquoise and Caicos, 'a flirty and pretty tropical aqua'. I made sure to let it dry longer than usual before doing anything else to it though.

I liked how soft it looked in the end but it looked sort of plain in a way so I pulled out one of those Barry M nail art pens I picked up a while ago for the first time and started some writing any gibberish that came to mind and that was 'Don't forget to smile'.

Here's a photo before using the Barry M white nail art pen.

Have you tried doing a sponge gradient before? How did yours turn out? What do you think about mine?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Welcome back! Love the nails and you did really nice on the gradient. What kind of sponge do you use? Pictures would help :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging! I'm so bad as well, I just got back to writing posts after like two months of being gone...oops!

    I love this gradient, and I think I need to get new sponges too because I can never get it to blend perfectly either. And that is such a cute little message you added in! Very uplifting, can't help but smile now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute nails, happy to see you back :) Are you on social media?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pang Ly

    Thanks Pang! I just used some from a brand called royal cosmetics. Nothing special but it's cheap and doesn't break the bank. Maybe I'll post some pictures on it sometime later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Doctor Pretty

    Thanks. Yes I figured since I haven't seen a post from you for a while. Lol.

    I think you definitely need the right sponge for these or else it might not look right. I just added any message that came to mind. Glad it made you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Krystal Caracol

    Thank you. Unfortnately I'm not even though I think I should start with some. It'll benefit me and this blog in different ways but we'll see in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you around again. :) This is super pretty! I love gradients with soft colors like this. And that message is really upbeat and cute. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back!
    I love your gradient!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)