OPI's Russian navy

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I have a quick OPI to show you today but it's nothing new. It's a beautiful shade that is definitely underused in my collection. I just never find myself reaching for it too often. It's OPI's Russian navy which is a deep navy purple with pink and blue shimmers.


OPI's RN has a lovely formula. Each layer goes on nice and thin but I'd say two coats is ideal. The first coat is almost close to opaque. Close but not quite there yet unless you do more of a thicker coat. OPI is known for their wide brushes and the brush on this one is no joke. For my average sized nails they worked alright without being too troublesome.




Other than the lightbox photo I also included one taken indoors with the sun shining on it just to bring out the sparkly side for you to see and two outdoors on the balcony. Lovely isn't it? Shame the shimmers go into hiding as soon as they're out of the light.


Even though RN is full of pink shimmers they just weren't enough for me so I added Barry M's Amethyst glitter on top which matches great against the base. I applied one coat to every nail except the one on the ring finger which has two. The next day I realised a minor chip on my index finger though, I'm guessing maybe some of the glitters I left hanging off the edge clung onto somewhere. That's okay, it just gives me an excuse to redo my nails :)

What do you think of OPI's RN? Do you prefer it with or without the Barry M glitter?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Russian Navy's shimmers are so pretty, but it's a bummer that they're so subtle. I love how it looks with the glitters you added on top! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)