NOTD: Essie's Mesmerize & China Glaze’s Solar flare

Friday, June 22, 2012

Here’s mesmerize which I’ve heard is the former name before they changed it to ‘mesmerized’ or was it the other way round. Either way it doesn’t bother me. I like the colour, it’s a blue crème. Essie describes it as a ‘royal va-va blue’. Looks pretty royal to me too but once again my camera is making it a shade lighter. It’s a bit deeper but not to the point it looks black.


Photos 1 & 2 taken indoors, natural lighting

The formula is okay, not thick a little runny but not too much that it’s hard to work with. Mesmerize is almost opaque in one coat but with the way I polish my nails it’s best to apply two to cover up any parts that I’ve left out.


Photos 3 & 4 taken outdoors, natural lighting

I couldn’t leave it as that so I layered every nail with China Glaze’s Solar flare. I’ve always wanted to use that polish, preferably with a blue. I remember putting Solar flare alongside China Glaze’s first mate and they looked like they’ll make a great pair but I eventually did a different combination. 

Mesmerize & Solar flare taken indoors, natural lighting

The glitter didn’t apply as well as I thought it would. I wanted to pack on the glitter but after two coats and losing patience very quickly I was left with uneven distribution of glitter across the nails. Anymore coats and I’m pretty sure I would’ve taken everything off because it was getting too thick.

Mesmerize & Solar flare taken outdoors, natural lighting

It grew on me after a day but I still wished I could’ve added more glitter to it. Taking the polish off got a little messy though. If you’re one to swirl the cotton pad over your nails to remove it faster, do expect some mess around your fingers and cuticles with a wee bit of staining too. Not forgetting that glitter is a pain to remove in the first place but we always have the foil method for that.

What's your favourite gold glitter polish?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)