NOTD: China Glaze’s some like it haute

Friday, June 29, 2012

When I received my package with China Glaze’s Eye candy collection I didn’t waste much time in putting one of those on my nails. My recent manicures have been mainly bright soft colours so I decided to go with something a bit smoky and out of the bunch some like it haute fitted that description the most.

It’s full of fine grey glitters; this one’s far from dull though because it contains holographic round glitters that show blue, green, orange-red and yellow. Most polishes with holo glitters get a like from me.

Taken indoors, natural lighting

It didn’t take much coats before it was opaque, two was enough. In person you might be able to see some empty spaces on the nails but it’s really not that noticeable. The formula was pretty good except I found that it dries a little faster than the other China Glaze polishes whilst you’re applying. Work fast or load your brush with a tiny bit more should make things easier.


Taken outdoors, natural lighting

This one dries sort of matte and I guess because of this finish and that I didn’t seal the tips, it chipped a litter faster than I thought it would. I painted it on Wednesday morning and it chipped Thursday night whilst trying to pick something up.

I added China Glaze’s fast forward top coat to give it a bit of shine and to smooth things out since it was feeling a little rough but this polish ate a bit of my top coat. I wasn’t surprised it did though.

Did you pick this polish up from the collection? Do you have any other polish similar to this?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to leave a comment, I read every single one of them. But please do not leave your blog links, they might not be published :)